Saturday, February 28, 2009



I spent Thursday painting a couple watercolors at China Camp with the Marin County Watercolor Society. What a lovely group! The morning started out all grey with a heavy mist and ended up a mixture of sun and clouds. I worked on the same scene twice from under the shelter of a covered porch at the little store. The second time to simplify the work I’d done in the first. I moved out to a better view of my scene as the weather cleared. Oh there were extraordinary clouds that day! After a while, I noticed a photographer making his way down the beach with an extraordinary lens on his camera. Obviously some pro equipment. When he came back toward my station I gave him one of my chips and asked if he’d send me a copy of the photograph if I was in it. He very kindly agreed to do so and offered to take another from close by. Here you see the two photos he sent. His name is Rick Pringle who turns out to be quite a nice guy.

No comments: