Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sketchcrawl 21 San Francisco




I didn't calculate the mileage so ended up walking more than drawing.  I started out over by the free parking near Crissy Field. With such great weather, people were everywhere. Here's a couple and their dog soaking up the sunshine and a guy with his bicycle enjoying a fresh air read.

Then I walked over to the Exploratorium which is a great place to draw. Lots of kids, lots of different kinds of activity. People of all sizes and shapes ages and colors focused on one repetitive activity or another.  Here's a kid working on a roller skate table learning how sailboats are pulled by the wind.  Here's a man with a large ring at a soap pool trying to make huge bubbles float in the air. 

There was construction blocking access to the Palace of Fine Arts so I could only see it from the duck pond. What a fabulous building.

Then I headed out for Golden Gate Park.  I thought it would be a quick trip, but I walked and walked and walked. . . . it turned out to be three and a half miles each way.  Whew!  But it was good and much needed exercise. And a great view of the city, block by block.

We were close to a hundred at the San Francisco Sketchcrawl this time. A great group of talent all gathered together at the De Young Museum Café. It was a real  pleasure to be there.  

After we traded looking at each others sketchbooks to see the work done that day, someone took a group photo then I started the long walk back to Crissy Field.  I saw the moon full and rising enormous over the city glittering with streetlights and still warmed in pinks, pale orange and lavender by the lowering sun.  I finished my trek in darkness. 

What a great day.

No comments: